Our personal links

Hereunder are some of our yolasite links,
http://manneedsgod.co.uk,http://frankmenchise.com,http://diybrickwork.com,
Here are our blog links,

Saturday, June 5, 2021

An old man life story, part one.

Dear readers, in this blog, we have written about D.I.Y. building works. We have written and are writing posts about social issues that can affect all of us. Today I am deciding how to continue, so, from now on, I am going to publish my own diary of what I see happening in the world, and when I do not have much to say, I am writing some article from my life story. 

Anyhow, you can also find this article at, http://oldman-lifeworks.blogspot.com

My other sites; http://frankmenchise.com,http://diybrickwork.com,http://manneedsgod.co.uk  

You can see more at this addresses, DIY brickwork  and,  http://diybrickwork.com,  

To see more visit links, An old man life story 


In the old times our grandma used to tell us children stories, they did not read the story from a book as it is done these days; but they new by heart a few stories that were very handy to tell the children to keep them interested and quiet.

Click edit above to add content to this empty capsule.

Welcome you to my article,  An old man life story.  

Dear readers, now let me explain the change of direction of this blog. You see, we have written about D.I.Y. building works, and we have written about Australian social issues, we will continue to do that, but today to keep this blog going, I am going to publish some articles from my life story, at the same time I am going to continue to write my own diary of things that are happening in the world. So, let me start with part one of my article, an old man life story. 

------------------------  


This old man in the photo could have been me, because I have done paving work and other building works during my life. Anyhow, today I am writing this blog and I have reached a stage, where I have to decide, what else I want to write in my blog, as I am going to explain hereunder.  

------------------------- 

Anyhow, this original article in Hub Pages reads like this: This article could have been two articles, because this is: An old man life story; but it also includes the duty of any man. Now let me tell you, An old man life story.

So, let me tell you a story and transport you to another place and to another time, at the time when I was a young kid and my mother or my grandma, in the evening would tell me a story just to keep me happy and go to bed and sleep.

Oh my god! What did I say? Tell you fairy tales that the elders of my time were telling me when I was a young kid; no, sorry my dear readers I have made a mistake and I apologize, because you see today I don’t remember much about those stories that the elders of my time were telling me, even though those stories were interesting to us kids then; here I need to tell you that in those times mothers and grandmothers had always a story to tell the kids, it was the only way to keep us kids quiet, because there was no TV and most time not even a radio for miles, the only news in those times were in the newspapers, if one could borrow it from somebody that could afford to buy it, the rest of the news were the local news that the people of the town would tell each other, so that they would know what was happening around them, so, people would pass them around by word of mouth.

Anyhow, the stories that these old ladies were telling us, were as good as any other story, and if the famous Brothers Grimm had known them they would have written them in their stories book. The Annotated Brothers Grimm : Jacob Grimm, Wilhelm Grimm

Here I want to point out that a lot of things have changed since I was a kid, but I still remember things that I would like to tell you, so, let me go on. Now that I happen to be talking about the mothers and grandmothers of those times, I want to add that they worked hard to keep kids quiet in those times, it was the only way, it was a fact of life. Here I want to add something else that today does not happen anymore in the western world, I am saying the western world because what these old ladies were doing then might still be done in backward countries today one can never know; I can imagine that there might still be a few places where progress as not taken place, and therefore, people are still using those skills that their forbears have used for centuries or even thousands of years.

Anyhow, let me describe to you what these old ladies did to put a child to sleep, they would take the child in their arms sit on a sturdy chair and sing a lullaby while they were rocking the chair until the child would go to sleep, or do the same thing by putting the child in a rocking cradle and rock the cradle and sing a lullaby, those times were a lot harder than today for young mothers as you can see for yourself, not only they had to look after the child, but they had also wash everything by hand as there were no washing machine, or any throw away paper devises that would keep the child clean, so, they had to rely or their skills that they had picked up from their elders and work hard to keep things going properly.

Today is a lot easier for young mothers, because of the washing machine and other things that make life less stressful, even singing lullaby is gone out of fashion, perhaps it is because there is so much music, songs and everything else around us, so, singing lullaby is out of fashion; for this reason you cannot hear any mother singing their lullaby to their children, I guess it is the sign of the time, people are not born singers, those young mothers were singing then because they had to, it was their job to keep their children quiet even if their singing was out of tune as long as their child was satisfied. You see, children are attention seeker, and they were happy, if they knew that there was somebody looking after them, and to hear their mother singing to them and rocking them would satisfy them and fall asleep. Anyhow, this is how it was done in the old days. 


In the old times our grandma used to tell us children stories, they did not read the story from a book as it is done these days; but they new by heart a few stories that were very handy to tell the children to keep them interested and quiet.

-------------------------------------------

 Beginning of my life stories

Click edit above to add content to this empty capsule.

Anyhow, I was saying that the old ladies were telling us stories when we were kids; I apologize for not being able to tell you any of those stories that my mother and my grandmother were telling me, they were good stories for us kids, since we kids would hear them many times and still we were interested in them, perhaps we were waiting for the heroes of the stories to do what they had to do to have their ways; but today I have forgotten most of these stories, therefore, I cannot tell you any of them. Anyhow, this is not the reason why I am writing this article; because what I want to tell you here, is the story of my life. I know that now you are thinking, what is wrong with this guy, why he wants to tell us the story of his life? Well it is because I cannot tell you a fairy tale anymore, since today people don’t believe anymore in fairies or fairy tales, and really, I don’t remember most of the tales that I have been told when I was young; therefore, I am going to tell you the story of my life, because that is the only story that I know better than anybody else.

Now that I have decided to tell you my whole life story, I am going to tell you the story of to my life, in order to compare the ways of living between these days and the old time ways; since I believe that to tell a story and make sense to the listener or readers, there must be a purpose for it, so, if we try to compare this old man life story to today ways of living, then my story becomes more interesting for everybody.

Having said that, now I wonder what it would be like, if one could go back in time like in time travel fictions, how nowadays ways of living would have affected the older generations. You see, in the old days, time seemed to stand still and very little changes would happen, and if anything did happen it would happen slowly, except when there were wars or other violent happenings, like earthquake or diseases that could kill lots of people around; whereas today everything changes very fast even when there are no wars, earthquake or disease; therefore, what is new today, in a few days may be said to be old. I hope you see what I mean.

Secondly, I am going to tell you, why I feel that I must write this story, and why I believe I must write it. You see, I feel that every human being has a story to tell, and anyone of us can tell our own story, if we attach enough importance to the story that we want to tell. So, I feel that, if I tell you my life story, not only I become satisfied that I have written my own life story, but I would also feel that I am doing humanity a good service, because something can be learned from my life story. I believe that it is the life duty of any man to try to improve anything if one can, so, let me explain the way I feel about what could or would be the duty of any man. 

Anyhow, I believe that this blog will become too long, so, I will write the duty of any human being, in my next blog. To see more click on this link, An old man life story 

See you soon. 

-----------------------------------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment

Farming today compared to the old ways.

WELCOME TO OUR BLOG YOU ARE INVITED, TO BROWSE AS LONG AS YOU LIKE. Anyhow, here I will publish my own diary and what I see happening in the...