Our personal links

Hereunder are some of our yolasite links,
http://manneedsgod.co.uk,http://frankmenchise.com,http://diybrickwork.com,
Here are our blog links,

Friday, June 18, 2021

This man life story.

Dear readers, in this blog, we have written about D.I.W. building works. We have written and continue to write about social issues. Now, I am going to publish my own diary and what I see happening in the world, and when I do not have much to say, I will write posts from my life story.  

BEGINNING THIS MAN LIFE STORY OR JOURNEY 

Once I was a child, then I was a man like this photo above, later I became like this photo below and now I am even older than that. 


We all would like to be young and strong forever. You see, I was like that when I was young, but life is not like that, because life is a journey, just like The Human Life Cycle shown hereunder. 


You see, people are born, then they grow up and live their life the best way they can, every life has a story of its own that can be told, if we want to. Now, that is what I want to do, I want to tell you the story of my life. 


Welcome to our article, A man life story, or journey

Dear readers, the most important story that we can tell is the story of our own life, that starts when we are born and ends when we die. So, let me tell you my life story, because even a simple life story like mine can be interesting.  Anyhow, every one has a story to tell, and these links will prove that it is so.  

Everyone Has a Story to Tell - Goins, Writer ,

You are a storyteller, and you have a story worth telling. - Get Storied,

Now, I am going to write my own life story, the way that I have lived it, even if it is boring, and I hope that I can write my life story, in a way that my readers understand. Because today we live a different lifestyle, we can misunderstand the situation. 

Anyhow, to keep my life story in a chronological order. I plan to write my life story in two parts, one part is going to be about my young life, starting from when I was born, followed by my life in our family-farm in Southern Italy, and what I did in my native town of Genzano di Lucania, which is the town where I was born and and lived my young life. The second part is going to be about my life story in Australia, since I migrated to Australia in my early twenties, and I have lived in Australia ever since.

This second part of my life story will be dealing with lots of things, it will include several articles about building houses and other building. Since I ended up working in the building industry in Brisbane Australia; so, I will describe how different building things were done in those times when I came to Australia, how these same things have progressed and how I progressed and became a bricklayer, during the time that I have been working in Australia, and I have been working as a bricklayer most of my life; and when I was not bricklaying, I was doing other building work as well.  Anyhow, these things are the things that I want to write about in my life story.

------------------  

Planning to write my life story. 

Anyhow, this article is the beginning of my life story, and it will be several articles long. You see, I want to tell you my own life story; because I have reached a certain age that makes me an old man. So, I wonder what I can show my readers to make my life story interesting to read, because I am going to tell you my life story from the beginning just as it happened, with some happy and some not so happy happenings. 

Anyhow, even though in my life story I must say that I was strugglingI hope that my life story is interesting to hear, because the story that I am telling you has already happened, so, even if there are sad stories, they are old stories, so, they are not so sad anymore and they could be compared to today’s living to make the story more interesting; you see, this is what us old people do, we want to compare today’s way of life to the ways that we have lived our own life.

Therefore, dear readers, while you are reading my life story try to compare the ways of living of those days with the ways that we are living today, because this is one of the reasons why I am writing my life story; if you do that, it will make you feel better. You see, today when I see things done from the younger generation that do not agree with my own views, I want to tell them the ways that things were done when I was young, therefore, I would start by saying; when I was young these things were not done this way and keep telling them what we did then. I hope you see what I mean. But now, let me start telling you the story of my life.

-----------------------------------------------

Beginning the story of my life.   

Anyhow, I was born in 1938, before World War 2 started (1939- 1945), I was born and baptized in a Roman Catholic Church of Southern Italy like everybody else is, in the town of Genzano di Lucania, and this is how my life stared.

Now, my family had a small farm, we owned some farm land around the farm, but the land that we owned was not enough to earn a living, so, we would work the land of large land owners, who let us use their land for a price that had to be paid with an agreed amount of produce each year. 

Let me explain, when I was young approximately half of the town land, was owned by a few large landlords. These landlords would lease their land for a price, which would be a certain amount of what their land produced each year.

To understand the ownership of the land, is not easy. But I will try to explain the easiest way possible; you see, most times it is not the owners of the land that work as farmers; but are other poor people that to earn a living are working as farmers.

As this came about, we don’t know, but I believe that in the past the entire countryside would belong to the landlord that the rulers of the day gave the right to run that part of the country, so, even when I was young some of these way of living existed, the rich landowner that were able to secure the land in the past, now replaced the rulers or government landlords, or the master of that portion of the countryside, so, they would let us use their land for a price.

Anyhow, talking about the old ways, and about the landlords or the masters of the castles, it comes to my mind, that in Genzano di Lucania, there is this castle called, Monteserico, which has seen many wars of possession, to own the castle and the surrounding countryside, I could see this castle every day of my life, when I was in the farm. So, I have written this article, The Norman castle of Monteserico.

How things were run in those old times.  

Anyhow, to understand how things were in the farms, before and during World war 2, I need to tell you this; to earn a living in those days was much harder than today, not only for us farmers, who were then thought to be in a better position than the rest of the town community, because we were producing food and in war time food was hard to come by, we could always find something to eat from the fields.

So, the rest of the town were influenced by us farmers, if we were doing well the rest of the town would be doing well too; you see, in those times, the most important thing that people aimed for, was to be able to eat wholesome food every day, if you were able to do that, then you were doing well, there were no luxurious food or things to be had, accept a few times each year, like at Christmas.

Anyhow, let us compare the ways of life we had then; you see, there was not much money going around in those days, so, a lot of times we had to exchange produce or things to make ends meet. For example, we needed a blacksmith to sharpen the tools during the year to work the fields, so, we would pay the blacksmith with an agreed amount of wheat, since wheat was our main crop and most people needed wheat to make their own bread during the year.

You see, if you had wheat, you could take it to the mill to make flour and then make your own bread; therefore, by paying work done by wheat was convenient, as it was a two ways solution. It also was done like that because there was not much money around, even the farmers’ barbers used to be paid in wheat or some other produce from the farmers. Of course, there was money to do other general services, but all those services that would take a long time were done by these agreements, of so much work in exchange of so much produce. Sometimes even small things could be bought by exchanging some produce with some other things.

Now, I wonder how the younger generation would feel to live in the old days like I have described. And be a youth working in the farm from a very tender age as I did.

I am saying this because today when I look at the young people most of them walk about with a mobile talking to their friends, or listening to music, or doing whatever they can do with their mobile, then they think that life is hard for them.

Anyhow, the difference in lifestyle is so great, it is hard to believe that so many electronic devises have come out in the last fifty years, so, we are better off today; therefore, just to compare, we should ask ourselves, what the youths of today could have done in my place? I know we were struggling then, but we were happy just the same, and there were people that were worse off than I was. Anyhow, we must accept life as it is and be happy, that is the best way to behave. I think that I have said enough in this article, so, see you soon in my next article, my life my struggle. 

To see more click on this link, A man life story, or journey 

------------------------








No comments:

Post a Comment

Farming today compared to the old ways.

WELCOME TO OUR BLOG YOU ARE INVITED, TO BROWSE AS LONG AS YOU LIKE. Anyhow, here I will publish my own diary and what I see happening in the...