Our personal links

Hereunder are some of our yolasite links,
http://manneedsgod.co.uk,http://frankmenchise.com,http://diybrickwork.com,
Here are our blog links,

Sunday, February 20, 2022

My twilight story at the fountain.

WELCOME TO OUR BLOG YOU ARE INVITED , TO BROWSE AS LONG AS YOU LIKE. Anyhow, here I will publish my own diary and what I see happening in the world, and when I do not have much to say, I will write posts from my life story. 
Anyhow, you can also find this article at, http://oldman-lifeworks.blogspot.com 

My other sites; http://frankmenchise.com,http://diybrickwork.com,http://manneedsgod.co.uk  

You can see more at this addresses, DIY brickwork  and,  http://diybrickwork.com,   

This article can also be found at this link,  Personal twilight stories

Today this fountain is an old time monument, because it is not anymore the important place it used to be, when everyone was fetching water and meeting other people while doing it. So, today this forum is used a lot less, but sometimes they may have a feast or a play, and this is one of them, here the fountain is being used as a stage to play whatever they are playing. 


This is how the Cavallina fountain looks like, when we visit it from the town. The photo above this photo is the fountain in the background, as you can see for yourself.   

Welcome to our article, Personal twilight stories. 

This is another article of my life stories when I was young. 

So, let me begin telling this personal twilight story. Dear readers, we believe that there are people that believe in the spiritual world, and they believe many things that we are not sure whether we should believe them or not. Here I am talking about the twilight stories, ghostly stories, and dreams from the other side. You see, I believe that wherever we go in the world, when you visit old town or castles there are ghostly stories going around, some of them are hard to believe, but at the same time, we cannot prove that they do not exist, so, we have to give them the benefit of doubts; we have also to understand that dreams from the other side might be possible, as we don’t know enough to say that it is only our imagination and what we dream cannot exist; but that is our personal choice to believe whatever we want to believe.

Having said that, now let me tell you this story that I call, Cavallina fountain twilight story. Now as we have said, wherever you go, where there are ancient buildings or old places that have a history of their own, they have their own story to tell and they may have strange ghostly stories to tell; also in my native town of Genzano di Lucania there are old places with a history of their own. So, my native town of Genzano has also these ghostly stories, because old people say that these things exist and have happened to some of them. So, let me tell you a story that has happened to me and to some of my friends, when I was young. It may seem strange to believe that these ghostly things exist. Anyhow, here under is my own true story and what happened that night and why, and I believe that we were lucky it did not end in tragedy.

Now, we need to say that my mother, my grandma and other elders of the town of Genzano kept telling us not to go alone to this town fountain called Cavallina when it was dark, because people have seen strange things happening there, so, we young people were warned not to go there and if we had to go there not to go alone; but as we know, most young people do not believe their elders and want to find out for themselves, if what they say is true, and so did I and some of my friends one early night.

Anyhow, let me tell you why I want to tell you this story. Now because I was talking about Genzano town and this fountain, I remembered this ghostly event and a dream that I had about this fountain, and other creepy happenings and ghostly stories about this fountain; so, I want to tell you those stories that I was personally involved, not only at the time when I was young but also later on in my life. So, I hope you would like to hear them.

------------------------------------- 

The fountain twilight zone.

As we have said above, when I was young my mother, grandma and other elders of the town kept telling us not to go alone to this fountain Cavallina when it was dark, because people had seen ghostly sights; but if you had to go there not to go alone and go early evening, so, even when we were coming back from the fields from that side of town, and we had to go past this fountain we had to be careful as soon as it was dark, if you had to water your horse or donkey or whatever animals you had to water, we tried to water them during the day or early before dusk. We must say that there were other unspeakable activities that went on before dusk near this fountain, which we are going to tell you later in another article, because now we are talking about ghostly happenings at this fountain.

To cut a long story short, we are going to tell you what happened to me and some of my friends. As you know, young men in their later teens or early twenties are not easily scared and they start thinking that these ghostly stories are not true, so, we wanted to see it ourselves, therefore, I and a few friends of mine were going to pay a visit to this fountain Cavallina at night; so, one late evening we went to see this fountain Cavallina, we approached the fountain from above and there was nobody to be seen, so, we said to each other, you see there is nobody here and there are no ghosts around, we really thought that we were going to see something unusual at this fountain, so, we were disappointed saying to each other there are no ghosts to be seen.

So, we kept going to the fountain when we saw a white rabbit in a corner and soon we gave chase as we wanted to grab this rabbit, not just for fun, but because we wanted to eat the rabbit as meat was expensive those days. There were four of us giving chase to this white rabbit, but the rabbit kept escaping us, but we kept running after it and the rabbit was taking us very close to a ravine which had a drop of over ten meter and any one that would fall down there would instantly end up dead.

Anyhow, suddenly one of us said; what rabbit that is not a rabbit? Suddenly, we realized that we were not chasing a rabbit at all, but we were chasing a ghost or an evil spirit that was trying to take us over the ravine to kill us if we had followed it to the end, anyhow all four of us escaped unhurt, we were lucky that the rabbit chase ended that way. Now, let me explain these ghostly beliefs. It is said that ghost or evil spirits lose their full power when people realize that they are a supernatural apparition, so, in this case we were lucky when we realized that what we were chasing was not a rabbit, but it was an evil spirit; well at least this is what we were made to believe from the elders, when we told them our rabbit story.

What we have written above was one real life happening, but what I am going to tell you next is only a dream, but you can say that this dream that we are going to tell you belongs also to the twilight zone, just like my life story about chasing the white rabbit belongs to the twilight zone, because it involves spiritual beliefs.

--------------------------------------

 The fountain twilight dream. 

What we have written above, was one of my real-life happenings; but what we are going to tell you next is only a dream, but we can say that this dream belongs to the twilight zone, like the story above about chasing the white rabbit belongs to the twilight zone.

So, let me tell you, my dream; you see, I was dreaming about an old person who wanted to teach me something at the Cavallina fountain, which is the same fountain where we were chasing the white rabbit, in the story above. I know that you are thinking that this is a stupid reason to tell you a dream. But before you judge me and my dream read what I have to say, because it could be interesting, if you believe that dreams have some useful meanings, or they can come from the spiritual world or afterlife world.

To understand my dream, I need to explain that this old person might have been the spirit my great, great, great grandma who lived not far from this fountain Cavallina, and who had used this fountain during her life many times; perhaps she had lived through one of this contagious disease that require washing everything properly to avoid contamination, because this is what she wanted to teach me during the dream.

When I dreamed this dream I was in Australia in my late forties, but in my dream I was only a boy about ten or eleven years old, (I suppose that this difference in age in the dream wanted to show me that the old lady was very ancient spirit compared to me), so, this very old lady was standing beside me at this fountain Cavallina; strange as it may seem, I had taken some dishes and other eating utensil from the old house, where my grandma lived to wash at the fountain; the old lady was telling me to wash everything under the first spout of the fountain and keep everything in the first bay near this first spout, so that they would not be contaminated, and so I did; but as you know dreams sometime are very strange and suddenly I found that some of my dishes were in the second bay of the fountain, so, I started to worry about it, but the old lady said to me not to worry about it, I was protesting to her saying that you said that the other bays are contaminated, and she said don’t worry just for this time and you will soon know why, when you wake up.

When I woke up I realized that it was only a dream, so, I understood why the old lady had said do not worry about the dishes in the second bay of the fountain, it was because it was only a dream and the dishes even though had been contaminated in my dream, I was not going to use them, because they were only in my dreams, and they were thousands of miles away, in another era and in another place. I believe that the old lady was one of my forbears who popped up in my dreams to teach me a lesson about food contamination or something like that, and she did.

Well, today you can say that we know that to avoid contamination you have to keep everything clean and that is true; we can also use some disinfectant that can kill all germs, so, there is not much to learn from this dream. But you see, the old lady did this in a dream using the level of general knowledge when she was alive, which most likely was a lot lower than today standard. Anyhow, that is what I dreamed, and I think it is cool, if we believe in dreams. And now let us see what else I can tell you about my personal twilight stories.

------------------------------------------

Strange things happen. 

We have already told you a couple of our twilight stories above. So, let me tell you another story that is very similar to the stories above, and can be said it is another twilight story.

To understand this story, it is necessary that first I describe the place where it has happened and the reasons why it has happened there, and then tell you what happened.

This is another twilight story that happened to me when I was a teenager, I think that I could have been 17 years old, and I was sleeping alone in our family farm. Our farm buildings consisted of two large rustic rooms plus other small buildings beside them, one of these buildings was used to store all the farm carts and machinery and the other was our main building that we used for the farm animals and ourselves. Now before I continue, I need to say that our farm was wall to wall with other farmers next door, so, I was not completely alone in the middle of nowhere. The reason I have said that, is to explain that while I was left alone in charge of all the animals in our building at night so young, it was possible because our farm was besides this other farm building, where other people were sleeping at night, so, it was safe from robbers and other things, as we could always call on each other for help. 

The main and larger building where I was sleeping, consisted of a rustic building about 12 meters long and 8 meters wide or there about; two third of this building was used for the farm animals, like horses, mules, donkeys and cows who were tied to their mangers’ during the night, the other third was used for ourselves, here we stored some oats and other valuable produce that we would use to feed the animals and the rest of this space was for us humans, where we could cook our meals and sleep at night while we were attending the farm animals. Now before I tell you the twilight story, I need to say that in this building there was also two pair of domestic pigeons that nested there and they would fly around the building during the day, at night they stayed in their nest or perched on some place in the building.

Now that we have explained the set-up, let me tell you what happen one night, this was the night when my grandpa died, and this farm house was his farm house and it had been their family farm for generations, so, the old man was very attached to his farm; anyhow, I was alone and sleeping in the farm the night he died and while I was sleeping I could somehow feel that something was flying around the farm house, whatever it was, it was going and stopping for a few seconds here and there as if it wanted to inspect the place, once it had done that it flew out of the small open window at the back of the farm building, and that was all I felt in my sleepy rustic bed.

Next day the news came that my grandpa had passed away that night, and that I had to go to town to attend his funeral. One may say that this is a strange story and perhaps I was only dreaming that night about this something that went around the farm building, but one should also consider that if souls really exist, then my grandpa soul came to say goodbye to his earthly possessions and to me his grandchild.

That is all for the time being, but I know that I can add here another twilight story, but this story is going to be very difficult to tell, so, I will write it another time.

Anyhow, we have been talking about Genzano di Lucania, which is the town that I have come from. So, we want to write a couple more articles to complete our first group about my Italian life story, then I will be talking about my Australian life story.

But then, in Genzano something terrible has happened, so, our next article, is one of those things that one wishes they would never happen, and we can only tell you the sad story, Massacre in Genzano di Lucania

To see more click on this link, 

---------------------------------------------------- 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Farming today compared to the old ways.

WELCOME TO OUR BLOG YOU ARE INVITED, TO BROWSE AS LONG AS YOU LIKE. Anyhow, here I will publish my own diary and what I see happening in the...