Our personal links

Hereunder are some of our yolasite links,
http://manneedsgod.co.uk,http://frankmenchise.com,http://diybrickwork.com,
Here are our blog links,

Tuesday, July 27, 2021

My farm life experiences.

Dear readers, in this blog, we have written about D.I.W. building works. We have written and continue to write about social issues. Now, I am going to publish my own diary and what I see happening in the world, and when I do not have much to say, I will write posts from my life story.  

So, today I am writing a post from my life story, that I have called,  my farm life views. 

Anyhow, you can also find this article at, http://oldman-lifeworks.blogspot.com

My other sites; http://frankmenchise.com,http://diybrickwork.com,http://manneedsgod.co.uk  

You can see more at this addresses, DIY brickwork  and,  http://diybrickwork.com,  

To see more visit this link, My farm life views 


Now, my first job that i had in the farm was that I had to look after a small flock of sheep and a couple of goats, I had to take the flock of sheep in the fields, so, they would eat whatever there was in the fields. After the wheat harvest they could also craze in the wheat fields.  
.

Welcome to my article,  My farm life views

Dear readers, I am continuing to tell you my farm life views and experience, because it is the most important one. Anyhow,  my first job in the farm, was that I had to look after a small flock of sheep, I was about 11 years old, so, to be in charge of those animals was a big ask for a small boy, but I did it anyhow, after that job I had to do many other things. All these things put together, have affected me for the rest of my life in a negative way, because I was placed in a disadvantaged position right from the start of my life.

Today, I wonder how the young people would react if they find themselves in a disadvantaged position as I was then. So, I ask myself, if they would have enough positive thinking to overcome the hard life that is thrown at them, or would they protest and run away from the problems ahead of them; as young people do these days? But there is also something else, I have noted that today young people like only to get in touch with other people through their mobiles, they don’t like to talk to people face to face. Therefore, I wonder what they would have done, if they ended up in the same position as I was, with no people around to talk to, and no devises that you could talk to, or listen to it, like the mobile phones, you see life was very boring and different then.

Anyhow, during our lives I have learned that life means whatever we want life to mean to us, and different times have different meanings. Today I have concluded that even if we live a hard life, we need to be positive. We need to do that if we want to overcome our difficulties. My own life is a good example, as you are going to see while you read these articles. You see, because I have been positive during my life, even when things went the wrong way, I kept going the best way I could, because that was the only thing that I could do at that time, without upsetting myself too much.

We must believe that from our drawbacks we can learn something positive, and if these positive thoughts are added up, we can find a way to use them. You see, today in my old age I can write these articles in Hub Pages, in a language that is not my mother tongue, this is not a great deal to some people, but it helps me to think that I am not that hopeless fellow that I was when I was young, because I have kept positive and tried to learn when I had the chance.

Now that I have explained that. I believe that I must describe to you, what the farms were like in those days, and how the farmers used to run their farms in a traditional manner. And I want to point out that, the farmers and their workers were then and are still today the most important contributors of the welfare of this rural town of Genzano di Lucania, you see, the rural communities wherever you go in the world, they are still those people that grow food for the rest of the communities, therefore, the people that grow food are important contributors to the rest of the community.

This issue also applies to the town of, Genzano di Lucania. But there seems to be a problem between the farmers and the town people, because the rest of the town communities don’t recognize enough the farmer contributions, this attitude gives rise to malcontent and make life harder for the farming people. We know that farmers are hardworking simple people that have no much time to think about frivolous things just for the sake of showing off to other people. You see, the know only how to farm they keep on farming.

--------------------------------------------------

 Farm life can be awfully hard

People that live in the farms live a hard and lonely life; in the past farming was even harder than today, because today even the farmers have machines that helps them farming, they are closer to the town communities, because they can travel easily from their farms to town, they have their mobiles and other electronic devices that helps them stay in touch with the rest of the world. Anyhow, we must think that whatever you do life can be hard, when that happens, we must try to overcome those difficulties the best way we can.

Now, having lived a hard life myself, today I wonder when I see these young people struggling, while they are living in the middle of plenty, but then I realize that they do not see it that way, so, they want you to believe that they are living a hard life, when in reality they are not, if we compare it to the ways of life in the old times. Therefore, I cannot help thinking that things in the world have changed for the better. 

Having said that, now I would like to compare today life to the days when I was young. So, let me tell you why life was harder when I was young, especially for those youths that like myself ended in a disadvantaged position: not only we were in a disadvantaged position and working to earn a small living that consisted of plain wholesome food and some clothing on our back, but what was hurting most of us young would be farmers, it was the fact that we were not appreciated from the rest of the town community, only because we were not as good as the rest of the community with our communication skills, owing to the fact that we were busy working and living an isolated life in the farm, where complex communication skills are not taught, because you don’t need them for farming, and also we did not ware flashy garments to show off, when we went to town and met the young town people, who were clever well dressed and they knew everything that there was to be known.

The reason that I have been telling you this, is that it explains how I felt then and how I feel even now, about my life in the farm in those days, and I hope that there is no misunderstanding that this was a hard and boring life.

But I believe that there is another side of this life story, because what I have said makes me reflect about what the elders of my time were telling me, which was in effect that life was harder when they were young. This attitude of those elders makes me think and ask myself. Is this the ways that life looks like when we get old? Or it is indeed that the way of life is changing for the better today I wonder? Anyhow, I will continue to tell my life story, and you can decide for yourself, meanwhile, I will continue to talk about my farm life views and experience.

-------------------------

Let me tell you my farm life. 

Dear readers, let me continue to tell my farm life experience; starting from the beginning, well not really from the very beginning, because I have already told you part of my life story. Anyhow, I am going to tell my life story, starting from the time when I had to live school and go to help in the farm, I was about eleven years old when I went to work. Today you may find that at that age one is too young to do any work, but in those times that was the way that most people accepted as being normal. I know that it was unfortunate for me because I and a few other young men were going to be the last of this old way of life in the farms, because since then things have changed. Today they don’t start working as young as we did; because soon after I started to work in the farm, laws were passed from the government of those days, that is was compulsory to go to school until you are 14 years old, therefore, I and a few others were the last youths that started to work early in life. For this reason, it is hard to compare anything.

But just to say one thing or two; can you imagine a youth today that has turned eleven or twelve or even thirteen or fourteen to have to feed and look after the farms animals in winter time as we did, when they are in the stable because outside is very cold. You have to go out to bring in straw and hay to feed those animals, even when it is very cold, and then you have to take them to the well to water them, you have also to groom them and clean the stable every day, it is a boring job to say the least. I am pretty sure that today youths would refuse to do it, because there is no joy or pride for doing it. Of course, there are many other things that we did in the farms, but they are as hard and boring, so, there is no point in telling them. I believe also that I have said enough to give you an idea of what life was like in the farms of those days.

Anyhow, in our future articles, I am going to show you how I have made an effort to break away from the negative painful things that were holding me back in the past, see our article called, Turn negative into positive   So, see you in our next article, which is going to be called, My farm life chapter. I hope my life story is interesting enough for you to read. See you soon. 

To see more click on this link, My farm life views 

--------------------------------------------------------     


No comments:

Post a Comment

Farming today compared to the old ways.

WELCOME TO OUR BLOG YOU ARE INVITED, TO BROWSE AS LONG AS YOU LIKE. Anyhow, here I will publish my own diary and what I see happening in the...